Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Pattern for a Ruby Headlining

Hi.

My 1937 Ruby currently has no headlining. Whilst this hasn't stopped me using the car for the last 7 years, it's perhaps about time that something was done about it! Does anyone know where I could get a pattern, or the sight of an old lining to use an a pattern, please? (The car has an operational sunroof.)

Regards

Colin

Re: Pattern for a Ruby Headlining

Where are you, not that I can help, but it might help someone else........

Mick

Hi. I am near where the M6 and M62 cross - Birchwood, Warrington, Cheshire.

Colin, Mail me direct and I will send you drawings . Mac

Mac

Thank you again for the drawing you sent last September (!) - the headlining is now up and neatly fastened (almost) all round. (This should stop incidental passengers panicking when they first climb in - the previous 'utilitarian' look, with all the old blackened wood exposed like bones in the roof, was a little unnerving for some.)

As I was starting from scratch, making all the extra pieces needed took ages - cutting the hardboard and cloth, gluing, and trial fitting. However, the main roof section went up in about 6 hours, though there is still a bit around the back windows to finish off.

Meanwhile, the car sounds much quieter on the road... I can now hear the engine much more clearly!

Regards

Colin

Colin,

I am pretty sure I have a pattern for the rear window surround, I can trace it onto a piece of paper for you if that helps. Contact me off forum with your address etc. if you want me to do that.

Cheers

R