Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Sandy

I have now picked up my RN,the details are not in the register.They are as follows.
Reg VYJ 333 (ex ebay)
Engine,M143245
Chassis 145845
Car,B48534
First registered 7/12/31
Club, Dorset.

Re: Sandy

Many thanks, I have it as being originally BH 8584, however it would seem I have the Engine number down as the Chassis Number, so looks like a mistake at this end. However I'm sure the Reg No. is age related, are you able to clarify, or am I right off track.

Just a small point, can you confirm the Car No is B4-8534.......B4-6534 would fit in with the sequences I have if the Chassis was as I originally thought 143245 (which it seems is in fact the engine number).

All this may sound anorak to our readers, but queries on the Register are often very confiluted and take a little sorting out, there's only about 500+ left to ratify..........

Sandy Croall
Registrar A7CA

Re: Re: Sandy

Just been out to the garage and double checked,the car number is definatly B4 8584. With referance to the registration number change,I do not know the history of the car apart from it stood in a motor museum in the Luton area for 10 years and I am the fourth owner from new.

Re: Sandy

Many thanks, I think I will leave this one alone for the moment, there are plenty of other queries to resolve, I have made a note on the Register though - my part that is not published....

Sandy