Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
FH 4681 - AD Tourer - Ex Bristol Club

FH 4681 – Early 1927 AD Tourer. At one time, a long time ago, this car belonged to Richard and Hasell Atwell, they would like to know how the car is getting on……

Does the name ‘Atwell’ ring a bell? They own the Atwell-Wilson Auto Museum at Calne, which is featured in the October edition of Classic Car Mart.

In the previous edition of the A7CA’s Register, FH 4681 is shown as belonging to a member of the Bristol Club, but this may well be a long time ago. The Reg No. has not come up in any listing from Assoc. Clubs in the last 2 years, however checking the DVLA web site I see it is ‘Taxed’ until March 2007, so it is alive and on the road.

If you know who has it, or indeed you are the owner, please contact the Atwell’s (01249 813119), they are a lovely couple. If possible let me know as well – saves me making lots of other enquiries.

How did I pick up this enquiry, well, I had to visit Devizes on a family matter ( I live in Cornwall) and picked up a copy of Classic Car Mart, read the article on the museum and thought I would call in. They have a April 1924 Pram Hood (DD 4046) so conversation led as it does to cars we owned and they wondered if FH 4681 was still around.

I had to find out some prices for another little project I’m doing and calling into an engineering showroom in Devizes, I saw a 1935 PD 2 seat tourer (chrome rad.) which is not on the Associations Register.

I thought I would share that with you…

Sandy Croall

Registrar A7CA

Re: FH 4681 - AD Tourer - Ex Bristol Club

It's nice to know that DD 4046 is in good shape - I remember seeing it at Longleat in the 1970s when it was owned by Fred Eley.

David

Re: Re: FH 4681 - AD Tourer - Ex Bristol Club

I recall it was named "Bluebell",and I think shared the garage with a Riley.

Re: Re: Re: FH 4681 - AD Tourer - Ex Bristol Club

I used to correspond from Oz with Fred Eley, met him at a couple of rallies and visited him once. If David hasn't any photos of Bluebell, I can supply. Cheers, Bill

Re: FH 4681 - AD Tourer - Ex Bristol Club

Bluebell is looking in good health at the museum, I think she is in safe hands.

Sandy