Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
AAE 962

I'm very excited to discover that my late father's first car AAE 962 is still going strong - although I don't know its current whereabouts, as I understand that it has recently changed hands.
Any leads would be most gratefully received, as I would love to reunite my mother (who has a photo of me as a toddler standing on the running board, 49 years ago!) with it.
Many thanks, in advance, David
davidcott@onetel.com

Re: AAE 962

Hallo David, According to the latest Chassis register it belongs to some one in the Essex A7 club and it has changed its colour from blue to maroon.The only connection I can give you is a phone no . for Mike Aplin 01277821209 mac

Re: Re: AAE 962

go to a7ca .org site and then get into contact with Sandy

Re: Re: Re: AAE 962

Many thanks, both!
I've already contacted the Essex Club, but am told that AAE 962 has moved on and that the previously owning member has left the Club. I understand that it was at one time yellow with blue/black wings, but I'm very pleased that it is now back to the maroon I remember it being as a toddler.
David

David pay the money to DVLA and they will give you the registered owners details.

David, my email reply to you this morning bounced back, but what I said was..........

"David,

The car has not shown up on any of the membership listings I've had from all the clubs in the last two years, the time I've been looking after the Register.

However it is out there somewhere because the DVLA web site shows it is 'taxed' until August 2007 - the plus side is it still has it's original reg. number - also described on the V5C as RED (presumably a broad term encompassing Maroon!).

The Essex club is the last Club I have the car with, presumably the seller(s), if you track them down, will probably claim 'buyers confidentiallity', and thus will not reveal who they sold it to.

I'm sorry I can give you no more details.

Sandy Croall
Registrar A7CA"

As Registrar I do not have access to, or keep, any records of the car owners, further I don't want that responsiblity either. That can stay with the Member and Associate membership Secs. of the clubs of the Association.

Sandy

Thanks to all that offered me help in 2006 in my quest to be reunited with my late father's Austin 7 AAE 962. Eight years on and I'm afraid that all the leads have come to nothing. Its owner doesn't seem to be a member of any Vehicle Clubs and, although DVLA show the car as 'taxed' until 1st July 2015, Google hasn't brought up any references to it having appeared at any vehicle rallies. This would correlate with DVLA showing it as not having an MoT since 11th May 2013.
Does anyone have any knowledge as to its current whereabouts, please?
Many thanks,
David (david.cott@hotmail.co.uk)

David
Keep looking on here ,you will be surprised how things turn up . For 5 or 6 years I was trying to find my Nippy which I sold in the 80,s as I had all the original log books for it and also trophy's I had one with the car which ought to be reunited with the car. 4 Years ago I was contacted via A7 Friends by Junichi Sugimoto in Japan who is the most enthusiastic owner of the car and has started an Austin owners club of Japan , Jun has been to UK twice in the last 3 years and we are now great friends with a common interest and I can follow what BKX 886 is doing now !

Hi, I came across this post after googling the registration.
My mum and her partner used to own that car. They bought it in 1999 from a couple in Aldeburgh, Suffolk. The couple were emigrating to Spain.
My mum sold it in 2005 to Howard Watts, who runs Riddlestones Garage in Boxford, Suffolk. He apparently sold it to his accountant in Hadleigh, Suffolk.
I hope this helps.
I've got a couple of pictures of it. Email me - Skovly187@gmail.com and I'll send them to you.
Matt

Sorry, it was riddelsdell garage
https://www.whocanfixmycar.com/service/riddelsdell-brothers-ltd#overview

Thanks, Matt - I have messaged you direct.
Regards,
David

David, It seems you will find your fathers car. Congratulations. But where is mine?. I've been asking for years. A Mk1 Ruby BGU 282. I know it exists and has been restored. It shows on the DVLA site.
Unless DVLA have changed their rules recently they will not release personal details or even forward a letter. I have asked several times.
Come on chaps I would like to see it while I'm still mobile. It's out there somewhere .
Vince Leek

Hi Vince,

As you're probably aware DVLA shows it's on SORN at the moment.

Jeff.

Location: Almost but not quite, the far North East of England

Yes, it has been shown on SORN for several years, last time I checked it was also shown as insured.
Vince