Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Re:Re;Running Hot

I do not belive 4 bladed mag fans were made when the a7 was in production. I have hovever come accross fairly good after market ones made by John Barlow.

Re: Re:Re;Running Hot

I take it that you are referring to mag engine 4 bladed fans with different pitch as Austin fitted four bladed fans to export models with coil engines from 1932, part no 1A531.

Re: Re: Re:Re;Running Hot

Yes --Export Model COIL engine fans were made (I have a couple)but the only MAG engine 4 bladed fan with opposite pitch I have seen is the one made by John Barlow

Re: Re: Re: Re:Re;Running Hot

Gentles,

Dave's Part number for 4 bladed fan is the only one I have been able to find.

I was not able to confirm "commecing date" as 1932, and in fact always thought that they were made available at the commencement of the "Ruby" era.

I was "FANtasising" about these fans over the last day or so, and now I come to think about it, here in OZ, there used to be an Austin Seven parts supplier at the top end of Elizabeth Street in Melbourne up till the late 1960's. Somewhere I should have his catalogue. He certainly offerred a range of "aftermarket" castings, some of which were locally mad, some of which he imported from UK sources, (the mob on Newington Causeway and Withams at least).

I remember buying a brand new Zenith T2 updraught carbie, and a specially made aluminium inlet manifold to suit, off him in what must have been 1964 or 65. I now have a sneaking suspicion that he may have also had "clockwise" four bladed fans.

Bill Sheehan may remeber the store's name and would probably have a much better memory of it that me.

I think my very old A7 catalogues must be at my "highlands retreat" and as soon as I can get up there I hope to find a Remax catalogue which may throw some more light on the matter.

None of this is really helping Ken fix his overheating problems. I trust that, even now, he is making high wassail at the wedding festivities.

Regards to all,

Barry R.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re:Re;Running Hot

Sorry, of course I meant "Don's" problems, wedding festivities etc.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re:Re;Running Hot

Hi Barry

I just love the thought of your "locally mad castings".
Were they quite way out and wacky? A common problem in the sixties I guess

Steve

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re:Re;Running Hot

Hello Steve,
Spelling has never been my strong point! Wish I had a time machine, I ncan really relate to the 60's

Regards,
Barry R.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re:Re;Running Hot

Barry - does the name John Morrow ring a bell? Cheers, Bill

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re:Re;Running Hot

Hello Bill,

Ah yes, that was his name, and there was a bloke in Sydney who kept a range of spares, including tuning stuff.

Can't believe it was all the best part of 50 years ago.

Regards

Barry R.