Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
chassis register

There are currently several copies of the chassis register on e bay. I think we have been informed before that they are legitimate and OK, BUT it would be more user friendly if the lister could list it once and make available more than one item which I believe is possible. It would then be possible for several people to purchase via "buy it now" and the listing would downdate the number available automatically, thus alleviating the problem of having to scroll down a whole page of chassis registers to see if theres anything interesting in between.

This is not meant as a criticism, just an idea that would make ebay a nicer place If anyone knows the lister or its one of us, please dont take offence , just thought I'd point this out

Regards

Steve.

Re: chassis register

The Chassis Register sells approx. one per week via ebay, a multiple lot on one listing would not improve the sales. It's not me who list's them, but I actually distribute them on the sellers behalf, all proceeds going to the Austin 7 Clubs Association.

There are approx. 60 copies left to sell, by whatever means available. The next updated reprint will not be until at least 2010 and probably in 2012.

I don't understand this part "....thus alleviating the problem of having to scroll down a whole page of chassis registers to see if theres anything interesting in between".

I don't recall more than a copuple of the current registers being on ebay at anyone time. If you are a regular lister on Ebay then you will understand the cost of 'relisting' which is zero and a lot cheaper than doing multple copies which may only sell one anyway.

The actual lister (Valentino....) is not a regular contributor to this Forum, indeed I don't believe they have checked this web site.

Any queries, contact me and I will pass on your concern's.

Sandy Croall, Registrar A7CA

Re: Re: chassis register

Sandy,

Sad to say, Steve is quite correct. Mr. Valentino has your entire stock of sixty-four copies displayed on eBay as I write.

Perhaps I should buy a quick half a dozen as a hedge against inflation in view of your comments!

Are you thinking of a reprint at the current edition?

Mike

It is a bit of a pain isn't it, maybe a mistake on Valentino...'s part ?

if you put -(Chassis Register) after your search criteria it will screen them out.

Oh, I knew it would come to this!

Thanks Malcolm!

I've often used the + key to include a search item, BUT never thought of using the - to exclude something!!! You live and learn

Steve

My apologies, I had not looked at the ebay listing for today when I wrote the previous message, time etc. etc. Life can be hectic in these remote villages.

As all the Registers seem to have gone on at one 'uplift' I can only assume there is a 'clerical error' on Valentino's part.

So again my apologies, mind you if I checked everything before doing something, something would be nothing.

Sandy

Hardly your fault Sandy, if Mr.Valentino decides to do such a strange thing. Hardly in his own interests in any case, I would judge.

As you say it is most likely a 'clerical error'. I have always wonderer if this is the same as a vicars mistake - perhaps our good friend Revd. Reg Foote-Bottome can enlighten us.

Should we be buying these remaining Registers as futures do you think?

Mike

Hi Sandy,

I understand entirely that origination, printing and binding costs will probably prohibit an updated reprint of the Chassis Register until 2012, especially now when the informations so easily accessible on the Association's website. Are you however intending or perhaps you already do, update the website Chassis Register on a regular perhaps annual or biannual basis? I appreciate that you do this entirely on a voluntary basis and I think you should be greatly applauded for your tireless work.

Yours in appreciation
Jeff

The Chassis Register data base (in Excel) is updated every time I have a any new data, be it a complete new car, or something as mundane as a colour change. I also save the data to CD every 3 months, and when I remember, send a copy to the A7CA Secretary.

I email any item on Ebay that is either different or new to the Register, also any of the Auction sites (Cheffins etc.) if there is something new to the register - Mike Whittome is a great help here.

So, yes the Register is constantly updated and when the A7CA webmaster and I get our act together the web site is updated as well (normally quarterly). The biggest problem with the web site is the people who have viewed the site before will get the same screen up as their previous view, not the latest view, they need to 'Refresh' the page. Malcolm commented on this recently on this Forum.

Sandy Croall, A7CA Registrar