Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Australian Celebrations

During a recent visit from one of our Oz friends (to collect a A7CA Register, honestly), there was mention of a BIG A7 rally in Oz, I thought in 2007, but as the Amber nectar was flowing at the time, memory is a little jaded.

Does anyone know what the event is, and was it 2007, and possibly has it something to do with Winton......

Life in the far west of Cornwall is not all pasties and rain you know, we see the dark side as well.

Sandy...

Re: Australian Celebrations

You thought it was going to be about the Snooker, didn't you...

Oh, and the Cricket.....

Sandy

Oh, I knew it would come to this!

Re: Re: Australian Celebrations

Hi Sandy

Look at our site (Cornwall Club) under links, Austin Seven club of Victoria? There is or was a 40th anniversary or something early October. Is this the one you mean?

Steve

Re: Re: Re: Australian Celebrations

Just to enlighten the Pommy plebs, every couple of years or so there's in Oz a National Austin Seven Rally. The first was organised by Tony Johns and myself in 1972. Illuminaries such as Vince Leek, John Harris etc have attended in the recent past, so they'll tell you it's worth the short (about 36 hours) trip. Next year it's in Mudgee, which is in New South Wales, 9th to 13th April. If anyone needs details, (or indeed the rolling chassis the host Club is raffling)I don't have the organisers' phone or address handy, but they could email me whilst I find out, or preferably phone Bev or Graeme Logan on (03) 5989 7344. The latter couple are organising our Club's entries here from Victoria. Cheers, Bill

Re: Re: Re: Re: Australian Celebrations

A couple of Pommies, with spouses, are on their way! Brian Haines and I have booked our tickets and despatched our entry forms a week or so ago. The rally is in the week after Easter 2007. Sadly we are not illuminaries neither can we afford to bring our cars, but we look forward to meeting friends old and new. We are Bristol Club Committee members, so we'll "Carry the Flag" for BA7C.
Details of the rally are via Maureen Boatwright, A7MudgeeRally@hotmail.com
Ron Hayhurst

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Australian Celebrations

Hi Ron - my apologies that I can't remember if I've met you or not, but certainly know Brian. Look forward to your visit. Please allow enough time to visit our fair State of Victoria, where you'll not only be very welcome (I'll arrange free digs if you so wish) but you'll see the World's premier Austin Seven Clubrooms etc in Melbourne.n Cheers, Bill

Many thanks, that's got that one out in the open, the caller to collect the Register by the way was Roger Benjamin.

What a sheltered life I lead.

Sandy

Re: Re: Australian Celebrations

Looking forward to catching up with you Bill. We last met at Longleat in the early 70's!. We plan to visit Victoria and stay a few days with the Bowerings. It would be good to see the Club Room -much read about in The Lightshaft.
Sandy, I should have said, as a Cornwall member I'll fly the Cornish flag too!
Ron

Re: Re: Re: Australian Celebrations

Ron - If all goes well, look forward to catching up with you again. Hopefully I may have a Special on the road by then after many years of no active Sevens. (Too much time spent helping others get theirs on the road). This year plagued by illness - if you need proof I was in such a fever at one stage I got re-married ! Cheers 'til then, Bill

Re: Re: Re: Re: Australian Celebrations

Hope to see you at Mudgee (with special and spouse)!! Having had one bout of feverish activity, it's time for another - this time on the special. Hope you are now on the mend as "Not having an active A7" can be bad for the constitution. Possibly (and Hopefully) that's all that's wrong!!
Ron