Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Ulster petrol tank

I know i ought to buy Chris Gould's book but in the mean time can anybody tell me the size of the thread on an ulster petrol filler cap? (I will make up the rest of it to look something like right) I am in the process of making a tank according to the diagram in the source book (looking quite good so far). Also is the supercharger oil tank filler the same size? I have made the oil tank (less filler) as practice prior to making the main tank and thought it might be useful as a reserve petrol tank.
Any useful comments greatfully recieved.

To add to the prevoius thread 'future of the austin seven movement' I am 23 and have been up to my elbows in the guts of austin sevens as long as i can remember. I started building a special when i was 15 but the project has evolved to become an ulster replica (not enough time in the shed to build my own bodywork). The car is getting there, i have an essentially rolling chassis (still a couple of bits to sort out) and 90% of the bodywork, just need time and space to put it all together!

Cheers

Rob

Re: Ulster petrol tank

As to the space required to build your car, nag dad to do my garage and you can have your space back in your shed !!!!