Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Austin Sevens in Competition 1922 - 1939.

There’s a book review in the December edition of ‘The Automobile’, “Austin Seven Competition History – The cars and those who drove them 1922 – 1939”, by Beartrice Canning Brown at £35 + £10 p&p. (ISBN 0-9554074-0-0). Publisher Twincam Ltd – www.austintwincam.co.uk

It gets a good review, but is this a new book, or have I missed it somewhere along the line?

Sandy

Re: Austin Sevens in Competition 1922 - 1939.

Hi Sandy

Yes its a a new book, its been reviewed in the classic mags, and I'm sure I've seen it in maybe the 750 club mag?
Believe it or not its already on ebay!!!!!!
Someone hoping to make a quick profit no doubt due to a short print run?
Have you seen the Woodrow manual on there?

Steve.

p.s the review I read described it as a list of all competitiion activities.

Re: Re: Austin Sevens in Competition 1922 - 1939.

Yes it's a new book, the result of many years of work.
Only available from the publishers (although Amazon do list it for 8 weeks delivery!!) and worth every penny for the photos alone, many of which have not been seen before, never mind the text. Buy direct now whilst stocks last.

STEVE

Had a look at the web site - now in my Christmas stocking.

Web site? www.austintwincam.co.uk

OK Mac, I agree I'm plugging something here, but I have NO commercial interest in this item. Just thought it relavent and deserved a wider/specific market target.

Sandy

If it's any help - the Authoress has sent our Club here in Oz a letter requesting more info with the object of having a future reprint (although my experience these days is that such rarely ever happens). In the photo-copy extracts sent, covering Australian activities, I notice several glaring errors - even the date of the first Australian Grand Prix (won by Waite on an Austin Seven) is wrong. I hope for your sake the rest of it is better than the reviews say. Cheers, Bill

Information on this book was published in the last Association Magazine, I intend to print a further review in 2007A, written by the very capable Chris Garner, along with some of the wonderful photos which I have been granted permission to reproduce.

The book is considerable in size and info, no "quick buck" making here I can assure you.

Cheers

Ruairidh

Hi Ruairidh

Hope you didnt get the wrong idea?

My comments about a quick profit were aimed at ebay books and the fact that the book in question was on ebay, I posed the question that it may have been listed by someone "selling it on for profit" although this is purely speculation on my part!
Judging by the reveiws the author must have put a huge amount of work into the book and should be rightfully applauded

Steve

That's good to know...

Cheers

Ruairidh