Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Wow - look at that go!!

e-bay item 270056810072. I'm sure you've all seen it. The reference means nothing to me, even after 35 years of Austin 7 ownership. Can somebody enlighten me please. I can see it's a nice car, but...

Re: Wow - look at that go!!

YU 7843 is the ex-John Miles (of Lotus fame) Supersport - see 1995A, P4 for the story of how John Miles acquired it (twice) and its story in his hands that he calls "a tragi-comedy if ever there was one". Little exists of the original car which has been through many hands over the years and was sold at Brookes Auction in the early '90's for about £34000 if I recall correctly. Current owner (and seller) is Adli Halabi. See also the four speed box, SU carb etc. clearly visible in the photographs.......!!

STEVE

Re: Re: Wow - look at that go!!

This car also changed hands just after the Brooks sale for around £12,000 and went to Germany, from where it has just returned. See last month's Automobile magazine ad asking 26,000 euros. A leading Austin 7 expert assured me that the only original parts of the car left are the manifold and the registration number. Makes a change I suppose!