Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Super Accessories Super Info Request

I've been planning to build an Austin Seven special to participate in classic trials events for a few years on and off. I've never managed to get further than a bare chassis mainly due to other hobbies taking up my time. That was until now! I've bought an incomplete Super Accessories 'Super' bodied Ruby rolling chassis.

If possible, does anyone have any photos / information on the this model as I will need to fabricate the floor and bulkhead forward sections as they are missing. I gather from a bit of research on the web that they were supplied this way to cater for differing rad shells that may have been fitted to the donor car.

Also are there any tips anyone can give to a novice as now would be the time to make any improvements to the car while it's being built?

I currently have no engine / gearbox or ancillories so any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Rob

Re: Super Accessories Super Info Request

Have you bought the one that was on Ebay this last week? If so, I might be able to put you in touch with someone who has a similar car.

STEVE

Hi,
That's the one (the blue one). I've already a bonnet, sides, rad core and rad shell courtesy of my brother in law which I'm hoping will fit or at least be adaptable. I'd really appreciate it if you could put me in touch with the owner Steve.
Cheers,
Rob

Re: Re: Super Accessories Super Info Request

I'll contact my man and ask if he has any problems with you contacting him

STEVE

Re: Re: Re: Super Accessories Super Info Request

Rob,
For guidance on building a Super you probably can't get much better than the original Super parts catologue. There's a section in it about assembly with photo's and advice. Copies occasionaly comee up on that auction website that everyone moans about (but they still browse it!) Make sure you get the right height radiator, it should be level or very slightly lower than the bulhead otherwise it look s odd! There's still a lot of Super parts about, they have Supaloy cast into them. The catologue also has pictures of other parts which make good references to look out for at autojumbles or if you want to make bits yourself. There's a website http://www.classicmotor.co.uk/superacc.htm That has some information on Super, 1950's Specials website is also worth a look. There was a history of the Super in the A7 Association mags a good few years back, I can't remember which ones?
Hope of use, Speedex Dave

Hi Dave,

Many thanks for the tips, I will keep my eye out for a copy of the super catalogue. If in the mean time anyone has a copy they'd be willing to scan or photocopy then I'd be happy to reimburse postage and the price of a pint for their trouble.

Cheers,

Rob