Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
PHOTOS ON THE FORUM

I have been totall overwhelmed by the sheer genius of those who have led the way to this photo business.

As I understand it, the use of "pictures' in the fashion described and displayed elsewhere is done without clogging up the web site or costing bandwidth as the photos are stored elsewhere.

I have opened a photobucket account and had a little play. I have got to the stage where I have actually downloaded a picture, and got it to present full size in the "preview message" stage

As someone who has difficulty even switching a computer on, let alone traversing these new fields, I am very pleased with myself.

I take the point that someone mentioned in another post about probably using thumbnail pictures, but that is where I start to get hot flushes.

Is there some kind, patient soul out there who can tell me how I arrange for a thumbnail rather than the full picture to present itself.

I really do think that the ability to post a picture or diagram during forum discussions is a fantastic step forward, and should be a great help to all players.

regards

Barry R.

Re: PHOTOS ON THE FORUM

http://www.imageshack.us/

What is ImageShack®?

ImageShack® is an intuitive and easy-to-use free image hosting solution. It can be used to share pictures with friends, as well as to post images on message boards and blogs. It can also be used to direct link images on websites and online auctions.

Barry,

when you get to part allowing you to transform the photos you have in Photobucket for use on the Forum, choose the top option, i.e. "Ebay Thumbnail -Reccomended", doing this from memory so the wording may be a bit out. Copying this text will produce the thumbnail pictures that I used of the remains of the 24 sports in Finland.

This should reduce the time dial up users have to wait and perhaps Mac might like to make this an "unofficial rule" of the forum??

E-mail me if you get stuck.

Cheers

Ruairidh

Re: Re: PHOTOS ON THE FORUM

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I THINK I'VE MADE IT

Re: Re: Re: PHOTOS ON THE FORUM

Whoops, I only thought I did!

Back to the drawing board

Re: Re: Re: Re: PHOTOS ON THE FORUM

“I didn't fail the test, I just found 100 ways to do it wrong”

Here's a photo a Scottish Club Member sent me of his Box in the 1960's, early flood protection device!

I noticed that Conwall club member Eddie Angells made it onto the front cover of the FBVHC magazine this quarter, great stuff!

The editor, who does an excellent job, made the remark that you don't often see "Austin Sevens used in anger", why not post your photos to the contrary here...

...this is myself and a famous Dundee baker actually breaking the sound barrier in his standard 1927 Chummy whilst trying to make a scone delivery to a remote Highland croft...

...and although the car is not being driven in anger I was pretty cross when my incontinence pants burst whilst driving the Ulster...

I believe it is your call Dr Doom!

Cheers

Ruairidh

That's a Riley behind the 7, yes no?

I have just bought one this very day. Not sure what the Chummy's going to say about though.

Yes, it looks very much like a Riley to me.

Jeff

Have fun from now on barry,photos and diagrams are a great way to spice up this great forum,and for us all to veiw our A7 pride and joys and WIP , Restorations. nigel hammond.

Have started to tidy up the wiring of the charging project quickly!
A photo at this stage would confirm my Heath Robinson status! Barry.... like the cut out picture but cant see the diode anywere?

On a serious note photos or diagrams could be really helpfull to some of the technical threads we have on this site, as they say a photo is worth a thousand words .

If its true that this site doesnt have to provide the space then thats even better, just need to get affordable broadband throughout the country now to speed things up for those on dial up.

Steve

Hello Nigel,

Thanks very much for your "photographic exposure" in respect to all these matters.

In absolute confirmation of the fact that I am computer illiterate, and maybe to help anyone else similarly afflicted, may I explain what went wrong for me.

I followed your instructions too literally. Everything went well up to the point where you said "after clicking a square box over your desired pics go down to the bottom of the page...."

Being dense, I took this absolutely literally and clicked the square box around" (over?) the particular pic I wanted. This took me to a representation of the page and a selection of options for recording its code.

What I should have done, of course was to "click on the square box under the desired pic" which allowed me to access the lower RH "html" bit and then was taken magically to select the appropriate code.

Please accept my grateful thanks to yourself and to evryone who helped me out.

Regards,

Barry R

The car in the pic of the Box (JC 286) is an MG possibly PB. This and other pics of the car came with my Box which had no reg.no. Sadly, it transpired that it was NOT my car(which is coming on nicely). I think Ruaridh's suggestion of posting thumbnails is excellent as a right click and 'show image' brings it up full size if you want. Thanks to Barry for the best wiring diagram I have seen (even if it did take ages to download)!
Cheers, Dave