Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Fuel tank leak on RN saloon

I changed the fuel tank on my RN today for the correct one (someone had fitted a round one) which came with the car when I bought it. There is a small weep on the outlet where it joins the tank. I have seen Slosh tank sealer advertised ,does it work ? as I said it is only a weep not gussing out so guess it might

Re: Fuel tank leak on RN saloon

yep, the stuff works, I used the stuff from

http://www.completeautomobilist.com, my tank had a hole in it!

Re: Re: Fuel tank leak on RN saloon

Works well and seals the rust in as well

Steve.

Re: Re: Re: Fuel tank leak on RN saloon

Just make sure that wherever you buy your tank sealer from, they confirm it is resistant to modern unleaded petrol - some tank sealers aren't and fail in due course. If you can find an epoxy based sealer, this won't be a problem.

STEVE

Re: Re: Re: Re: Fuel tank leak on RN saloon

Hello Kerbut,

The POR ("Paint Over Rust") people do a very good fuel tank sealant which is listed as item S208 in the latest "Frost" catalogue (www.frost.co.uk) but it is pretty "pricey" - Forty -four quid sterling for the kit, which includes cleaning preparations as well as the treatment.

Your other option would be to get a quote from your local radiator repairman for a good cleanout and proper soldering repair.

I used the "Complete Automobiliste" kit many years ago in a Morris Bullnose tank. Worked OK but I am not too sure how it goes with modern fuels as I have heard suggestions of difficulties.

Regards

Barry R.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Fuel tank leak on RN saloon

I ran my 7 on unleaded for 3 years with no problems with the complete automobilist stuff.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Fuel tank leak on RN saloon

Thanks for the replys,I will order some on Tuesday.Happy New Year