Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Zenith Carb

I have read the Zenith Service Bulletin for my carburettor - a 26VA : cs 548. Can someone confirm that the only gasket used is between the emulsion block and the bowl. I have a spare carb and it has a gasket for the bowl which doesn't seem right? I am reassembling this after cleaning it out as it has been standing for 12 years and I doubt the fuel was removed but left to evaporate. I would hate to get it wrong after reading all the posts about these carbs.

Re: Zenith Carb

Don

I dont have a gasket at the float bowl/mainbody interface, and I think this is correct. Everybody I asked agreed that there is no gasket here. The only gasket I have is the emulsion block one. I think that the service kit from Burlen fuel systems only comes with the one gasket?

Regards

Steve

Re: Re: Zenith Carb

Thanks Steve - that was what I thought but I was confused by the gasket on the spare which to me seemed wrong but wanted to make sure.

Re: Re: Re: Zenith Carb

Hello Don,

I totally agree with Steve on this one no gasket needed to seal bowl to carb body.

Suggest you double check that the carb on which you have found such a gasket does not have a distorted body face. You should be able to check with a straight-edge.

regards

Barry R