Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
A7 Owners Age Summary Details

Here are the details of the recent post regarding the age of Austin Seven Owners.
In just 5 days, there were 74 posts and a remarkable total of 461 views. I guess we all wanted to know how old so and so was !
From the posts, I regarded 71 as serious information, with a grand total of 3635 years. That equates to an average age of 51 years and 2 months.
The age ranges were as follows:
Under 20 years: 0
20 - 29 years: 5 7%
30 - 39 years: 13 18%
40 - 49 years 9 13%
50 - 59 years 19 27%
60 - 69 years 21 29%
70 - 80 years 4 6%
80+ 0

Father of the Forum is Bill Beattie, and our youngest contributor was Toby Fitch, with a stonking 58 years difference in their ages. Well done to both of you and long may this continue.

Obviously this is only a snapshot as to the real average age of Seven drivers, and is more an idea of the age of contributors to this site. Although I am a Silver Surfer myself, I think the average age of owners is quite possibly a lot older, as I know from my own workplace that only a small percentage of the retired population actually know how to access the Net, so this has probably distorted the figures.
Nevertheless, it has been most interesting and I hope you have all enjoyed it.
Many thanks. George

Re: A7 Owners Age Summary Details

i am 10 years old an my grandad says he will get me an austin 7. I will tell wen i get it. dan

Well done George, Very interesting but not unexpected, hope I will be able to fill the empty 80+ slot for you in the future!!

Please add me 41 -
And I thought I was young :(
What a brilliant survey this is
So here is the result....in fact the car is in young hands, younger than me anyway.

The question is what journey do we take now.