Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Branscombe

I hope you can help me just returned from the Branscombe beach –
I ignored the BMW motorbikes for a rather unusual sight.
Once I got the nappies off the thing it looks like it could be an Austin 7.
Anyway got it back in the garage and just getting the last of the salt water out of it, filled in the form the nice policeman gave me – now whats my best plan ?
How do I go about starting an Austin 7 full of salt water ?.
I also found a few BMW steering wheels in the back – will trade if anyone wants one ?.

Forgive me if I don’t give all my details – I gave the nice Policeman my full name
L.J de-silver.
I understand the Cornish club is rather a good little operation down here, might need a bit of help with this project, apart from water damage looks like a little chummy.
The interesting thing is the container it was in was made of solid oak, This makes me think it could have been dislodged by the recent storm, I found it about 1 mile further up the coast from the other containers. Does anyone know of a wreck in this area about 1929? As this will obviously help my claim.

Sorry cant give full name for obvious reasons.

Re: Branscombe

Dear Mr De Silver

Not sure about your Chummy, but one of the crates looks just like my car .

Steve.

Re: Re: Branscombe

Have a look at Ebay item 220074495934 and then read the questions and answers

Re: Re: Re: Branscombe

Unfortunatly Ebay have removed the container boat for sale,its a shame as all the money raised was going to the RSPB.

Re: Re: Branscombe

Mr Martin that container looked nothing like your 7, it was dry inside for a start!

Re: Re: Re: Branscombe

Always knew there was a connection between Austin Sevens & BMW. However, methinks Mr. de Silva must be the one shown on television rolling away a barrel of French wine. Bill in Oz

my family have rescued some BMW gear boxes. Could these be fitted to an austin seven?

Aha me land loving seven darlings, I’z been walkin the beach for many a yeer and I have seen some things, but I was rattling me chains and feeding the parrot when suddenly me peece was ruined, by the noisey thing the size of Portsmouth comes rolling up the beach,
The last time I sawz such a thing was the Royal Anne when she came to grief off the Stag Rocks, the Lizard, Cornwall –
Settle down me engine tinkling darlings and I#s tell ya me tale…

Launched in 1709, this was the last oared fighting ship that was built for the Royal Navy. In 1721, when she was on her way to the West Indies, bad weather forced her to return to the safety of Falmouth. However, she was wrecked on the Stag Rocks.

Aha ! we never got a look in the poor crew had no seaman ship and sank her = never let amateurs do a mans job I always say, but I was on the beach the next day and sadly no motorbikes or steering wheels made by bmw comz up the beach then… but it twoz me lucky day, only a few days ago, when behold this lap top rolls up, me and parrot soon got to grips with it, and here I’z find me self on the internet.

I’s watched the yellow bellys here scavenging, and I’s one question, who lit the fire on the beach ? in my day we lit the fire on the cliffs to help the ship find the rocks..
And then we would rush down the beach and club the poor crew to death as they wash up upon the shore….

Now I’s got the news thingy blog, and I seen them say that society has plunged to low levels, iz just asking how you works that one out.

Appears to me no-one lit no fire till well after the event ? And theres no crew
dead?
I was 21 when I rolled me first casket up the shore, and slipped on a %$^£% tourist flip flop went A*se over T*t and straight down a 60 foot drop before the barrel joined me on the head ! So nearly 300 years on I seeze you got electric litz and gas, but you still light fires after the ships come aground on the shorz ?

Agha well I’z of now to slit that Sams throat,seeze if I can get a job with Derek Acorah on Ghosthunt.A little in comes in me old age….for me and me parrot.

One final note – in myze day we couldn’t read caskets so never knew who to return them to, and any owner that wanted to tell us different met the sword !.

I was a lucky one ( apart from the flip flop ) me father sent me to a nice finishing school in Portsmouth and so you see I can talk with the best of em.

I'z rather not give me name as I didnt fill no form out in 1721 for the casket - for that I apologises