Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Austin Sevens on Jura

This film was taken in 2004, not 2005 as shown in the titles (Doah!), on my stag weekend.

16 mates and 8 old cars, seafood coming out of our ears and some fantastic weather, best weekend of my life so far.

Barnhill (the farm which George Orwell wrote 1984 in) is at the far North tip of Jura, one very rough single track road leads the way there. Just one mile from the end we had to call it a day. Although the film doesn't show just how rough it was, it was! The locals said they would rather take a boat round than go in their Land Rovers.

The theme for the weekend was Whacky Racers, myself playing the lead as Penelope Pitstop and everyone else as Dick Dastardly.

Sevens are for enjoying yourselves in.

Cheers

Ruairidh

Re: Austin Sevens on Jura

I think I'd rather face death than a trip on a boat rocking that much !

On a serious note this video lark makes some of the faults and quirks we discuss from time to time very easy to display to others on the forum. the funny noise or squeeking part can be shown in all its glory now for all to diagnose!

Some of my first posts to this forum concerned a "knocky" engine which turned out to be fine, but this forum could have diagnosed much quicker with our new technology.

Steve

Good stuff Ruairidh! Very entertaining. Would Miss Pitstop consider modelling for next year's A7 calendar? Dolly Parton says she can't do it because some hairy bloke in an old car has nicked her wig...

Nick

Re: Re: Austin Sevens on Jura

Great video Ruairidh
Reminds me I once pulled a Landrover out of the mud with my 7. I used rope and wraped it around the wheels to gain more tracktion. The farmer in Sussex had a tractor stuck as well.
I used reverse and the column throttle and pushed at the same time. If I remember I got a few beers at the local for this.
I know these cars can go places other would not dare!!!!

Thanks
Pat

Re: Re: Austin Sevens on Jura

Great video, Penelope. I hope the others on the outing behaved as gentlemen toward you. I was much comforted by the "three point" turn, which was done much as I do it myself.

Ruairidh

".....best weekend of my life so far".

As this was written yesterday! and your stag do was some 3 years ago, I think there is a compliment due somewhere for someone in the relationship you entered into following the dooooo.

I have not watched the video yet 'cause I'm on dial up, but will visit the library tomorrow and look then.

Algie....