Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Searching for an old family friend!

Hello. I wonder if anyone can help me? I'm trying to track down an Austin 7 that my father owned in the 70's, mainly so that the family can be reunited with an old friend and so that my two sons won't have to argue about who goes in our two seater MG (which used to share garage space with the Austin!)

We last came across it in the late 80's or early 90's when the gentleman who then owned it phoned up to ask if he could bring it around to show us. He'd tracked Dad down through the log book. Ironically it was only a few miles away in Leicester and of course it was lovely to see old Ermintrude again.

Does anyone know where she is? She was a black Ruby from '35 or '36, registration number WN 9110.

Thanks,

Ben

Re: Searching for an old family friend!

I would have thought if WN 9110 had survived into the 70's it would still possibly be around, on the DVLA web site it does not show up as being an Austin, so the Reg No. (WN 9110) may have been sold on and is now carries an Age Related number.

WN 9110 is not on any of the 'Cherished Numbers' for Sale listings I accessed. - There are some others on there which answers some of the quieries I have with Register.

My standard reply is something along the lines of ".... It may still be out there somewhere, tucked the back of a garage, being restored (over 10+ years) or gone abroad" etc. etc.

Sandy
Registrar A7CA

Re: Searching for an old family friend!

Hi Sandy, thanks so much for looking for me. I feel such a prawn for having not taken the details of the man who owned it back in the eighties. It's so tantalising to have seen the car so recently and yet not to have stayed in touch with the owner, particularly as it could well still be within a few miles of us! If it's any help my Dad's name is Kit, he bought it as a box of bits in 1963 for a pound, put it together, ran it for a few years and sold it for 25 pounds in order to buy a suit. As you do! It's a real part of family history, so the search goes on! Thanks again,

Ben