Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Electric wiper motor on Ebay

I saw a 6 volt wipre motor on Ebay said to be A7. Did any A7 have an elecrtic wiper motor? It says for a Ruby..
Mine is vacuum and part of the "character" of the car is figuring how to keep it wiping especially uphill.

Re: Electric wiper motor on Ebay

My '33 RP Saloon has an electric wiper motor, which I believe to be correct.
David

Re: Re: Electric wiper motor on Ebay

if you are tall, and open the hinged windscreen, you'll soon find out that they are to effin big and you cant see past them. That said, my RL has one fitted (I put it on), the vacuum ones are useless, and the 'lectric one is grand.

Re: Electric wiper motor on Ebay

As far as I understand all the Ruby style cars had electric wipers, the early wiper motors were the spin to start variety and were later replaced by the self starting type. As the vacuum wipers were never succesful ( except to a degree in the very early cars with the updraught carb )owners have been replacing the wiper motors with electic wipers from very early days.

That is it as I understand it but if anyone knows better then I will 'live and learn!'

Re: Re: Electric wiper motor on Ebay

Eat your greens, grow some hair on your chest, put on your goggles and fold the screen down. visibility is amazing without a roof or windscreen. .

A 40 mile trip across Dartmoor like this soon hardens you up to a bit of wet weather! .

For some reason Anna doesn't agree?

Steve