Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
radius arms

Can anybody tell me where i can locate a pair of radius arms for our nippy they seem to be rarer than hens teeth, or can i convert a pair of semi Girling radius arms?.

Re: radius arms

Interesting - I raised this question on an earlier posting as to whether Nippies were ever fitted with Girling as standard, but the feeling was that probably not and that the late cars just used up remaining stocks of the earlier brakes (and axles etc) The Girling style front axle was fitted to Grasshoppers (IIRC) so presumably, you could have a girling axle dropped and fit the associated radius arms. I don't know whether that would lead to more problems with the steering angles created though (think of the 'drop links that one uses with earlier radius arms with dropped axles). After saying all that (which some kind soul will come along in a minute and correct) I can probably help you with a pair on conventional earlier radius arms if that helps. I'm based in Cambridge...

Re: Re: radius arms

thanks Hugh but i will keep on looking for nippy ones if they exist

Re: Re: Re: radius arms

Perhaps of help,if you can get hold of a pair of Nippy/Speedy/Ulster type castings you can rivet them onto the arms to replace the standard castings. My faint recollection was that I got a pair many many years back from Martin Eyre in London. I'd be surprised if someone isn't still casting them. Chris Gould might be the one to advise. If you don't know him I can send you his email address when I get a chance to look it up. Cheers, Bill in Oz

Re: radius arms

John Barlow makes these.

Ruairidh