Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Age related Registration numbers

There is always a first time... I am helping a friend get an age related number. for an A7 that has languished for 30 years in the back of a garage. No paperwork. He has had the car and its details authenticted by his local A7 club and has a letter to this effect.what form does he get to accompany it to the DVLA? or what is the procedure?

Re: Age related Registration numbers

Rather than contacting DVLA, make contact with your local LVLO who usually have a small department to deal with such things. When my Box was issued with its age related number all it took was a visit from the lady from my local LVLO to view the car and to verify the engine/chassis numbers and then she issued me with a brand new V5.There was no charge.

Re: Re: Age related Registration numbers

I think you will find that you need an MOT certificate as well. Not sure whether the current electronic system can cope with a vehicle with no Reg. No.!
Cheers, Dave

Re: Re: Re: Age related Registration numbers

The new MOT can be issued based on the chassis number. I have gone through this procedure in the last 2 months at Lincoln, and also needed insurance for the car, again using the chassis number, my driving licence, and a utility bill! There is also a registration fee payable - can't remember exactly what it was!
Regards,
Ashley

Mac, The leaflet that has the info. is V848 "How to Register Your Old Vehicle", your Local DVLA office will have a copy for you.

Normally the 'Local Office' is the best place to start, but you cannot ring them, you get the DVLA's call centre, faceless voices only (eventually).

You do not need an appointment for the 'Local Office' just take a ticket when you go in - like some of the deli counters in Supermarkets, etc etc etc. and your time will come!

Sandy.

Thanks Guys, I am on it. with some advice earlier, fom Sandy, I have located the documents in the county council archives where the car was orininally registered, and have sent for copies. Have down loaded the forms from the DVLA. will let you know how it goes.

Re: Age related Registration numbers/update

Well it is DONE. I phoned the DVLA and asked for a V55/5 form to apply for a number.I got a letter from a club DVLA rep. I got an MOT test with no trouble with the "OLD" registratuon number. NO other details. I contacted the original county council with whom the car was originally registered. Just got the date of registration. I had to get it insured on the old number. I took this lot with my Passport and a utility bill to the local DVLA office. It was accepted after paying £50 for registation. I then had ,by arrangement, to have inspected. THe new number was with me after a week, they also gave me a tax disc and a new MOT showing the new number Sorted!

Well done Mac, another happy Owner....

Sandy