Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Jeep Genealogy

Can't help but notice the strong family resemblance between a 2001 Jeep Wrangler and a 1933 RP Saloon.

PHOTO

David

Re: Jeep Genealogy

Sorry I'm too lame in HTML to make a link, should be:

http://geocities.com/crodhull3/images/austinjeep.JPG

Very good David!!

R

What I believe to be a functioning link:

AUSTIN AND JEEP PHOTO!

Re: Re: Jeep Genealogy

I give up.

Re: Re: Re: Jeep Genealogy

Never, never, never give in.

AUSTIN AND JEEP PHOTO

Re: Re: Re: Re: Jeep Genealogy

I think the one in front could be a Big Seven?
Its definitely not a baby Austin?

Steve

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Jeep Genealogy

The one in front, like some other children I know, is bigger than the previous generation and in general, has no idea of what's been done to pave the way for him.

David - I may be trying to teach my grandmother to suck eggs, but are you familiar with the book "Whatever Became of the Baby Austin"? (Writer John W. Underwood, Publisher Heritage Press, Sun Valley, California). If not, suggest worth chasing up. Cheers, Bill in Oz

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Jeep Genealogy

Bill,

Just looked on Amazon.com and it's not currently available. Closest thing was Denise Austin's ultimate pregnancy book, which I did not order. Will check less conventional sources.

Thanks
David

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Jeep Genealogy

Bill,
The American Bantam Club is running a fundraising auction and actually has 4 copies of this book on the block. I've put in a bid.
David

Re: Re: Re: Re: Jeep Genealogy

David
GREAT shot.
I copied and sent to my 18 year old daughter who now says she want to learn how to drive my Opal.
Mind if I send it to some other friends? One guy I know loves Jeeps and this should raise a hackle

Pat

Feel free, Pat. I've added the shot to the web page cited in the Website box above as well. If you think the person in in the picture appears to be intelligent and well adjusted, it is I. Otherwise, it's some guy who happened to be sitting in the car.

David