Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
RP saloon coachlines

Does anybody know the correct colour and pattern (2 lines?) for the coach lines on a royal blue de-luxe RP saloon?

Re: RP saloon coachlines

Yes, the colours for a Royal Blue below the waistband, it's a black waist band and above, the coachlines are described as 'Blue', however this is a Light Blue, but not as light as turquoise.

The spacing of the lines - the best picture I know is the photo on the Cover of Rinsey Mills 'Original Austin Seven' book, this shows a Red and Black deluxe saloon, the only thing one can comment on is the number plate letters, to close together and thus to narrow, otherwise the colour scheme is spot-on, so I'm told by those who know (long standing senior members of the Association) and have/had original painted car(s).

I have now received an email from you, will send pictures directly to you.

The coach lines being painted onto a RP are shown in the 1933 Austin Film 'This Progress' available on a DVD called 'The Best of Vintage Austin' - I bought mine at Gaydon £20.....

Sandy Croall
Registrar A7CA
RP Saloon Registrar
Cornwall and Essex A7 Clubs.

Thanks Sandy, a wonderful resource

As a point of interest, are the headlamp glasses in the cover shot correct? Page 90 of Rinsey's book shows the headlamps "with correct diffuser glass" rather than fluted.

Hi Sandy. Any chance of posting a photo - mine is red/black.

Pearls, My Feb 1934 RP had the mottled glass in the headlamps, not the fluted - this is from the photo's of my car in 1962 and at the time everything was pretty original. I have seen the dates when fluted gave way to mottled, but cannot find it at present.

Reckless, should be with you now - that is quarter past one in the morning on Wednesday.

My other Standard RP, which was restored a few years ago by sombody else, has fluted!

I have both mottled and fluted original moulded glass's in the garage somewhere, will look them out and see if there are any dates, ref. numbers etc on them

Sandy