Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Oil filter ?

Is it possible to fit a full flow oil filter to a late model / three bearing Seven engine ?
Thanks.

Paul Humphries.

Re: Oil filter ?

Yep..

Are you going to let on how or tell me who make parts etc - or is it a secret ?
I've searched for details on the web but nothing comes up.

Thanks.

Paul Humphries.

Hi Paul,

give Vince Leek a ring on

01985 216632 (eve)
01985 847658 (day)

I am pretty sure that he still sells kits to do this if not the work himself.

Cheers

Ruairidh

Re: Re: Oil filter ?

I've not done a 3 bearing engine but it's not hard on a two bearing.

Remove the end caps from both ends of the oil gallery that feeds the jets. Turn up a bung to isloate the rear end of the gallery from the oil flow. Tap the oil filter outlet to 1/4 bsp, use that as the feed to a remote filter. Take the output from the filter and feed it back to the crankcase at the front end cap to the oil gallery. This way you're feeding the jets "backwards" with filtered oil.

All you need to work out is where the centre main.

Charles

Vince did this on the three bearing engine I have in the Cabriolet. The centre main is dealt with by blanking off the feed that normally comes directly from the oil pump and then he drills a new oil feed from the gallery down to the centre bearing. The outer hole in the gallery is then tapped and a small blanking plug screwed home, in a similar fashion to the 2 usual ones. A conversion I whole heartedly recommend. That and an oversized oil-pump give me a steady 15 - 18 psi when hot all day long, which has to be a good thing'.

hth - Hugh