Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
1936 Opal

One of my neighbours (who is a dab hand at mechanics, welding and spraying - in fact a very useful neighbour to have) has a long term friend who has a 1936 Opal which has been tucked away at the bottom of his workshop for the last 20 years. It runs and drives, is not rotten and just needs re-commissioning and some TLC. It has just been offered to my neighbour for £1500. I know roughly what my Chummy is worth, but no idea of Opal values, but my gut feeling is that he should grab it quick.

What do you experts out there think?

Re: 1936 Opal

I have just checked on the Register and this car is not on it.

If it runs and is complete, I would say this sounds like a good buy. Opals are fun and have loads of storage space.

Cheers

Ruairidh

On the road in an A7 for £1500 and a bit of TLC. Must be brought!

Re: Re: 1936 Opal

I agree, bite his hand off, I sold my chrome rad 1935 semi restored (but complete), Opal for 2K a few years back. Sometimes wish I hadn't, but you cant restore everything!

Interestingly anyone seen or heard of it since? ATT772, it went Bolton way.

It's still about and the owner is a member of the PreWar A7Club.

However it seems to be in that 30% of 'Historic' cars that are not on the DVLA's web site details.

This is based on the data I had last year from the PWA7C in that ATT 772 was on their car listing, thus at the time the Reg No had not been sold on.

Sandy Croall
Registrar A7CA

Re: Re: 1936 Opal

That could have been me, I was briefly a member of the PWA7C.

Re: Re: Re: 1936 Opal

ATT 772 is still attached to the Opal and is in good hands.

STEVE

Re: Re: Re: Re: 1936 Opal

Glad to hear it!

Re: Re: Re: 1936 Opal

Just to say I saw it at Lincoln yesterday, and spoke to its current owner. Very nice to see it