Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Super Accsessories

Hi Ian,
Some time ago John Sutton posted an article in Motor Snippets ---A7s --Austin Seven Myths Dispelled--# 12 Cylinder Heads. He mentioned that in non supercharged engines there was a loss of approx 15% power due to Aluminum ( sorry aluminium in UK speak). What are your thoughts?

Re: Super Accsessories

No expert, but would have thought the thermodynamic efficiency would depend on several other factors such as compression ratio, exhaust manifold design, fuel characteristics and I suppose, to a lesser degree, valve and ignition timing.
I can see what John is getting at, in that if you have a "cold" engine probably the last thing you want is an alloy head. Or a 4 branch exhaust manifold, come to that.

Regards, Stuart

Re: Super Accsessories

Hello Ken, I have always ran my cars to original spec so am not qualified to answer your question, I do however have an ambition to build a racer one day on my spare 1930 chassis, however space is a problem at present.
BTW I never managed to source any material to make the CF1 fuses that you sent me a pattern of, I have lost all of my contacts at work as like me they all retired ten or twelve years ago. Would you like me to return the pattern you sent?

Re: Re: Super Accsessories

Don't want to change the subject, but if you would like to send me an email Ian, I can send you some further info on your ML coil.

Regards

Barry R.