Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Electrical Guide - ebay

Check this out 180099053701 on e-bay, starting at 99pence & now over £100.00 !!!

This is just a copy of the orginal!

Not quite sure how comprehensive the guide is to justy the bidding price.

Re: Electrical Guide - ebay

Madness!! £180 !! Do the seven bidders (29 seperate bids) Know something we dont know ? (apart from repairing A7 electrical systems, or not)
Andy

This is bizarre!

I note that the last copy the seller sold went for around £26, must be rubbing his hands at this one!

R

Re: Re: Electrical Guide - ebay

I wonder if Harry Hales has copyright for his work? This must be the worst rip off we have yet seen on Ebay ( I wouldn’t bet on it though)

Re: Re: Re: Electrical Guide - ebay

It looks as if he is going to rip off some poor soul in New Zealand for a second chance copy as well. See the question and answer section where the guy is asking about postage.

I really must get on with my facsimile copy of the Zenith Carburetter book could be worth a set of tyres !!!!!!!!!

Mike

Re: Re: Re: Electrical Guide - ebay

Its even worse, I have just read the questions and answers on the item and he is offering some poor sod in New Zealand a ‘second chance bid for another copy at one bid below £180!!!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Electrical Guide - ebay

Sorry Mike,Posted the same time as you!

They say there is one born every minute. Now we know where the poor sucker lives...

I hate seeing people paying so far over the odds on Ebay, but c'est la vie. It's a free market and in fairness the seller did stress that the document was a copy. Just a shame our friend in NZ obviously doesn't know about this forum. A quick question could have saved him a small fortune.

Nick

Re: Re: Electrical Guide - ebay

Very strange????
Why would anyone pay this much???
Surely asking a few questions or buying a book on car electrics would be cheaper???
I do feel sorry for the bidder who is oblivious to the free information available on this site, our down under friend Mr Riseley is a bit of a guru on electrical matters and its all posted freely on this site .
To be fair to the seller the description does clearly state what it is so you cant really blame him.
Ebays new rules seem to prevent you contacting the bidders so bad luck I guess?

Question.....
If people are on the net and using ebay to look for Austin seven parts surely they must at some point enter "Austin seven" into a search engine and find this site and therefore this forum?
Strange???

Steve

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Electrical Guide - ebay

Great minds, Ian, great minds ................ :)

Mike

As they say in Old Rekkersland "There's nowt so daft as folk"

and some of 'em 'ave got more brass than brains.

Unless, of course some of the bids aren't real...

Re: Re: Electrical Guide - Ebay

If you look closely it seems that two Australians bid against each other on two items. Obviously either the "red Mist" descended on them or they really hate each other. Either way the seller is the winner as he stated it was a copy and it started at 99p. A warning to all about bidding on eBay.

There is a good Austin Club in NZ with about 450 A7 owners, if the bidder had asked around in NZ, hopefully he would have been made wise to the value of the item, but as stated before, it's a free market and perhaps the bidder is not a member of the club.

Sandy