Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
AAL Tourer

Hi all
just bought a 1935 Austin 7 AAL tourer, found out a bit about it, would love some ideas for more
information. By the way I've bought an industrial sewing machine and am gonna have a go at the hood for my special myself! Scary....

Re: AAL Tourer

Hi Stewart well done; the AAL or Open Road Tourer is very nice to drive, iv'e had one for many years

Hi,ive got one too...Just completing the hood at present with my mums old sewing machine!! Was it the yellow one of e-bay? If so lots of work to do. There are some good pictures of an aal in original austin seven book.
Regards
Andy

Re: Re: AAL Tourer

Hi Andy
Thanks for that. Yes it was the yellow one of ebay and its rougher than it looks in the picture! although i did view before buying, any help with pattern for the roof would be gratefully recieved
regards

Re: Re: Re: AAL Tourer

Hi, Stewart. I`m restoring one myself, glad to pass on any info that you might need if I can Jon.

Hi Stewart, there seem to be 2 or 3 different patterns for the hood sticks from the cars ive seen. Im not 100% sure about the pattern for the fabric,im just copying the old hand sewn one on mine plus refining it a bit from pictures of professional/original hoods. I have an original front rail you can have to copy and I have original but tatty door cards to copy. I agonised about throwing them away but couldnt bring myself to do it, fortunately I didnt.Mine is a 36 car numb AAL25234. Where are you in the UK? Hopefully I shall be at Woolaton with it if it passes its first MOT since 1966(did they have them then?). .Strangely enough mine was yellow at one stage. Ill see if I can educate myself to post some piccies!!
Regards
Andy

Hi Guys
I'm in Pembrokeshire, not sure i'm going to Woolaton, but am going to Malvern on Sunday. I'll keep in touch.
Thanks all
Stewart

Andy M.

Can I just check, chassis is 252434, I have on the Register of Surviving A7's AAL 252434 also, you state 25234!
As yours is a Oct 1936 car can I assume you have dropped a '4'?

Sandy

PS - to all those who have wondered where I have been the last few weeks, well my other hobby has taken up a lot of time (EM Gauge model railways) and as someone in Cornwall said recently "..let sleeping dogs lay"..

Hi Sandy, just checked and it is AAL251234 so I missed a one out!! I dont know whose car 254234 is.
Regards
Andy

Andy, many thanks for info.

EMT's still going strong....

Sandy

Sandy, Do you have 284425 listed on the register as I have this, It belonged to my late wife Hazel, If you want more details contact me direct. Jon.