Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Time for re-paint

As the title suggests, my car is currently painted an terrible shade of green which is totally wrong for the car and period. Having re-painted the wings and valances on my vintage 12/4 I feel confident (sort of)to move onto a bigger job.
Lucky enough that the body is rust free,therefore I will wet'n Dry the paintwork, primer etch any spots and then undercoat x 2 topcoat x2. I have a purdy paintbrush which is great to use.
Anyone else out there want to share some painting stories/tips.

Re: Time for re-paint

Hi David

Look at the dorset club site www.da7c.co.uk.

under tech stuff there is an article that makes good reading .

Also the vintage knowledge site has a thread on the tech section www.vintageknowledge.co.uk

regards

Steve

Thanks for the leads Steve

Re: Re: Time for re-paint

David
I re-painted a head lamp and found that a combination of brush and spray worked very well. I used brush paint after rubbing down to the metal in many places. After paint I sanded off to get a reasonable finish. I then sprayed and was left with a great finish. The spray needs to cover all and the area with enough to give a good finish but not enough to cause "ruffles".
Get a piece of aluminium and test on it. the reason for Al is it is the most difficult to paint.

This worked well for me.

Pat

Thanks for info' Pat.