Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Missing BoatTail JG 946

Some of us will have received an email from Norfolk A7 Club re. Wanted, Missing and For sale items and in amongst that lot is a 1930 A7 Boat Tail Reg No. 946.

Chris Chubb, who runs the Boat tail Register last heard of the car in the Fens area some 30 years ago, but a quick look on the DVLA web site shows it's still with us :-

"...The vehicle details for Austin JG 946 are:

Date of Liability 10 10 2007 (Normally means it has a current Road Fund Licence Tax disc until Oct 2007)
Date of First Registration 16 05 1930
Vehicle Status Licence Not Due
Vehicle Colour BLUE
The information contained on this page is correct at the time of enquiry."

If anyone knows where it is could they advise please.

Sandy Croall, Registrar A7CA.

Re: Missing BoatTail JG 946

Sandy,
Sorry, I can't help you with this car specifically.

The way you write suggests that the level of information you gave is accessable from the DVLA with perhaps just the owners information screened out? I would similarly like to check out some Speedex registrations that are 'in hiding' somewhere. Can you advise the links to search on the registrations please?

Dave

Re: DVLA Enquiry Site

Hi Dave,

It's your old mate Jeff here! You need to go to the following site http://www.vehiclelicence.gov.uk/EvlPortalApp/ click on Vehicle Enquiry, then click Next, then fill in the boxes - Vehicle Registration Mark and Vehicle Make, then click Next. Be aware however that the information DVLA site gives back can be rather confusing to say the least. See my earlier posts to this forum regarding 'DVLA Enquiry Website' and 'DVLA Date of Liability' posted from October 24th 2006 through to February 5th 2007, re the confusing details shown for my Morris 8 Tourer. Hope you're all keeping well, I'll be calling in to see you and Chris O soon - well hopefully sometime this year!

Jeff