Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
FBHVC Sunday 22 April - 'National Drive it Day'

Try to take out your 7 today for even a short trip to support National Drive it Day.
This is the second year of this event, designed to raise public awareness of the old car movement and also to remind the powers that be that we are in fact a sizeable proportion of the voting population.
Enjoy !

Re: FBHVC Sunday 22 April - 'National Drive it Day'

I try to use my Chummy regularly but made the effort anyway today Sunday 22 April. Had a nice drive from near M1 Jn 28 to Broughton (Notts)Pumping Station(closed) then on to a windmill (closed) and then fancied a nice cup of tea at Ollerton Water Mill (Notts) but the entire town was closed for a festival! Still, a pleasant afternoon out and finished off at home with a welcome cuppa.

Hmmm...was very busy shed building today, needed garage as workshop so pushed A7 out 10 feet, then started it and reversed it back in. So I have driven it today
Regards
Andy

Re: Re: FBHVC Sunday 22 April - 'National Drive it Day'

Just got back from Tintagel, after a nice day out with the Cornwall Club. Roughly speaking there were 30+ cars from the club there, with some VSCC earlier in the day. .
A round trip of about 90+miles for me so blew the cobwebs out nicely!!

Steve

Re: Re: Re: FBHVC Sunday 22 April - 'National Drive it Day'

Kent, Sussex and Surrey A7OC members made the annual pilgrimage to Barcombe in Sussex today for lunch and skittles. Good turnout of 7s and other Austins. Also good to see a lot of other older vehicles out and about today. The fine weather helped.

Today was the first wet day after about a month of beautiful dry, sunny weather in my area (Wirral), just what we don't need for National Drive It Day !!!
Missed out on the Chester Vintage Club's cobweb run and lunch, because my navigator (wife) went down with a migraine, but still managed to get all three of my Austins out for a good run late afternoon,the 1933 7RP, followed by the 1931 Heavy 12/4 and finally the "modern" 1933 10/4. And they all had to be dried off afterwards. Life isn't all Austin Sevens-----but by hell, they're fun !!!

Well, just another day out for me I'm afraid as I use my Seven all year round, but took a trip to Land's End to see what was about, we had visitors etc, that prevented me going up to Tintagel with the Cornwall Club, which would have been about a 130 mile round trip for me.

Plenty of classic cars down at Lands End today from various clubs etc, and the weather was 'fresh', but dry.

Sandy

Unfortunately I had made prior arrangements to sort out the electrics on a fellow Austiners Arrow Competition 65. So I made an early start for north Manchester and spent the day in his garage. It started and ran OK, it just wouldn't switch off, it does now. Still I gave our Seven a 50 mile leg stretch round the M60 in glorious weather. Dave.

Re: Re: FBHVC Sunday 22 April - 'National Drive it Day'

On sunday I did 17odd miles on a 1914 Aveling and Porter steam roller. Nearly 5 hours on the road. Does this count?