Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Vintage van

Can any of you or ladies offer me a link to the Austin 7 van register, if such a thing exists. My Bro' is looking at a vintage van but it seems to me that a van would be very easy to replicate using odds and ends from other vehicles (a bitsa). Thanks for any help advise.
David

Re: Vintage van

Hello David,

the Van Register is run by Ray Edge.

You can get him on: r.f.edge@talk21.com

Hope this helps,

Cheers

Ruairidh

Many thanks for your help, by the by I meant to ask 'any of your fellows or ladies' and of course missed out the fellows bit, Doh.

I think you will find most of us are ordinary Members, very few are elected to be a 'Fellow'.

Algie

Re: Re: Vintage van

There was a pukka van in the sale at the Shrewsbury showground yesterday. Looked like a local barn find, Chrome rad, high chassis but with Girling brakes all round, 3 bearing crank (so 1936?), and pretty complete though the engine was in pieces, the wings etc in the back. Much as I'd have liked it I didnt bid and have no idea what it made or where it went. I have pictures if anyone is interested.

Hi Hedd,

If possible I'd like to see the photos you took of the van, can you put them up on photobucket.com?

Cheers
Jeff

No problems, as long as you can wait untill tuesday, the pics are on the works camera. Got to do 25 miles on a 1914 steam roller on monday.

Sounds an interesting van altho my interest is in the pre 1930 era only. I see a nice van is up for auction at Brooklands, but at the estimate of 13000 - 14000 pounds I will give this one a very wide berth indeed. Said to be very rare, IMHO no A7 van is going to be sold for that sort of money, least not in the next couple of decades??

The van at shrewsbury last Saturday

try this

Also a very strange pickup

Thanks Hedd, great shots. It looks very original and unmolested. It would have been interesting to know how the bidding went. Had I been there, I might have been tempted to put in a bid myself!

Thanks again,
Jeff.

I had a chat to someone who stayed on at the sale, he seemed to think it made about 2K.

As the Swallow became available I decided to go for that rather than a van at present. Maybe a van will join the Swallow at a later date.