Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Scottish Club having fun on Loch Lomondside...

This weekend past saw some 19 A7s out and about in the most appalling weather I can remember in May ever!!

All were camping and all got thoroughly soaked, spirits were far from damp however as the following shots should show...

...they closed a road but we still got through!

..the Ulster from Duns had no roof to put up, the Canadian passenger loved every minute of it!

The road end at Inversnaid on Saturday lunchtime, Loch Lomond in the background..

Friday and Saturday night barbecues were cosy in the Gazebo city we erected, Tanya kept the troops entertained whilst corks popped and cans crumpled...

John and Susan summed up the buoyant mood despite the downpours...

What a laugh we had!

Cheers

Ruairidh

Re: Scottish Club having fun on Loch Lomondside...

Lovely pics Ruairidh

Nice to see other people getting wet!!

Weekend before last myself and a friend in a Nippy decided to go to Wiscombe hillclimb in Devon for the VSCC hillclimb event.
It was absoloutely torrential rain almost like a monsoon all the way up the A38 and then on the back roads along the coast. As you may be aware I have no weather gear, so whilst my mate Lorded it in the Nippy I was wet. In fact so wet that the car built of plywood and epoxy resin started filling up! I kid not that when I hit standing water the water poured in and then refused to drain out!!! Visibility was down to zero, and I had to pull over and let my mate go in front so I could follow his brake lights.

BUT once we got there all was well, a field full of VSCC types all just as wet as us (in more ways than one perhaps!) and the sight of 11 ERA's in full chat on the hill .

Yes thats right rain or shine I can drive the Colander and have a big grin on my face .

Steve

Re: Re: Scottish Club having fun on Loch Lomondside...

First time I've heard of a water-tight colander - and I'm the one with the Irish name ! Cheers, Bill in Oz

Re: Re: Re: Scottish Club having fun on Loch Lomondside...

Colanders are not what they used to be.

You can't get the metal these days.

Mike

Re: Re: Re: Re: Scottish Club having fun on Loch Lomondside...

Yes, I suppose there is a certain irony in the fact that the body holds water whilst the engine,gearbox,rear axle,fuel tank and radiator all seem unable to retain fluids!!!

Steve