Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Austin Seven Chummy Body Drawings

Does anyone have a set of accurate working drawings for the AB Chummy Body, or The AC flat sided body That superceeded it?. Detail of the Floor Pan Measurements an co-ordinates for the Door openings /Body widths etc are required. The sort of thing to enable a new one to be made is what I am after. I have the Drawings From the source book already, but are not detailed enough. can anyone help?-Cheers Steve Hainsworth, Wellington New Zealand

Re: Austin Seven Chummy Body Drawings

Try the Austin seven club's association archivist.Phil Baildon on harbail@ntlworld.com He may have drawings.

Steve,

What chassis do you have for the body to go onto? If you give me the chassis number I can tell you which type of body it originally had. Engine number would be good as well. There are several Pram Hood cars in NZ, unfortunately none in Wellington.

David

Re: Re: Austin Seven Chummy Body Drawings

David,Mac,thanks for your replies. I will try Phil ,if I have no other leads. I did bring a complete Chummy body (1925 Pram) back from U K in 1981, it was ex John Heath. the floor pan was as I remember Identical to later chummies(27) except the two rearmost sections each side of the tunnel which were more rounded. I expect the Ab Floor pan was shorter and even more rounded. someone Like me should write a little booklet detailing these changes!-Before I forget Someone asked where they can get a New Chummy horn button assy.
There is surprisingly little written and drawn about chummy body structure and dimensions. David, Thanks for your offer, but the Chassis on which I will build this car will be a 29 as I cant find an early oneand I have lots of later bits. I am not out to deceive however. I just preferr the early chummy-there is something simplistic about it that attracts me and has done so for th last33 years!

Steve, do you know Joe Leete? A very helpful chap with a 1924 car.

Re: Re: Austin Seven Chummy Body Drawings

Yes I am an old friend of Joe Leete,Unfortunately he lives about 150 miles away and it would be a major to get there to measure his car. I have since had a very kind offer from another Quarter which answers my need. There are some wonderful people out there in the Austin Seven World. It was this forum which produced the result-Thanks to all respondants