Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Brooklands, Bewl Water or Longleat.

Hi All,

I was wondering which of these events to frequent this Weekend? Are there many 7's going to the celebrations at Brooklands or are one of the other two more in tune with 7's? It appears that Brooklands give a discount of £5 for pre-1940 cars and they get a paddock parking slot rather than park-and-ride.(£30 rather than £35)

Many Thanks

Chris

Any comments appr

Re: Brooklands, Bewl Water or Longleat.

Chris,We have 140 Austin 7s booked for Longleat up 10% year on year for the last 3 rallys.

"It appears that Brooklands give a discount of £5 for pre-1940 cars and they get a paddock parking slot rather than park-and-ride.(£30 rather than £35)"

Obviously still looking for the right crowd, and no crowding!

I fancy the lions at Longleat myself.

Mike

This weekend seems to be incredibly busy. As well as the events already mentioned, there is the VSCC LC&ES Rally near Alton (Hants) which has around 15-20 Sevens entered, a big Rolls-Royce Silver Ghost centenary event in the Midlands, and a nice Scottish A7C weekend in the Borders. How's that cloning technology coming along???

For static rallies Longleat would get my vote, and for more activity it's the Light Car rally for me.

David

I've been to all 3 venues a number of times.
However, if Brooklands costs £30 to get in, I'm afraid I'd have to pass that by.
Been to the Bristol Clubs' A7 Rallies at various places throughout the years including last year at Longleat. Certainly a good number of Sevens on display and the venue is top notch but was very disappointed with the Autojumble. Maybe I was unlucky 'though I did hear similar comments from others.
The A7OC Bewl Water Rally is another event I've been to many times and generally there's about 70 Sevens there and a large number of other interesting cars from Veteran to around the 1960's. They also have arena entertainments and best of all there is always a very good Seven Autojumble - In fact one of the best. Just my opinion mind.
That's where I'll be this year.
George

Thanks for all your comments. The £30 for Brooklands seems very steep although I can walk back home if the Austin breaks down!

I wanted to look at an Autojumble as there are lots of tools and bits I need to start my life with 7's! The Bewl Rally looks good and weather is set fair for tomorrow.(Fingers crossed)

Is it a good idea to register my 7 with the A7CA? I have looked on the register but can't find my car!

Many thanks for a great forum.

Chris

I shall be at Brooklands on Sunday with the ex Almack blown special - by its alloy wheels shall ye know it -so do come and say hello if you're there.

Regards, Stuart

Re: Re: Brooklands, Bewl Water or Longleat.

First day really wonderful where else could you see a Blitzen Benz ,a Dragon Rapide flying past and a F1 Maclaren in action.Centenial happens once every hundred years, the other events happen every year.

Re: Re: Re: Brooklands, Bewl Water or Longleat.

I am incredibly jealous Dave!!!
I am currently awating the arrival of my baby son any minute now, else I would have gone up without doubt. As you say a centenary is a once in a lifetime event not to be missed

Steve.

Re: Brooklands

What a fantastic day. I'm going back to Brooklands tomorrow, and I'm paying for it again!!

Hi All,

I went to Bewl Water in the end and the AutoJumble was very good.
Lots of good cars to look at!!

Thanks for the advice.

Chris

Re: Re: Brooklands, Bewl Water or Longleat.

What a splendid time we all had at Longleat. One hundred percent Austin Sevens, and the most friendly crowd in the business.

Mike