Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
24T-2 carb.

I have seen several austins fitted with this carb, I understand very succcesfully. I have been given one .Can anyone tell me the jet sizes?

Re: 24T-2 carb.

Johnnie. Just bolt it on and see what happens. I have done it on two of my A7s and they ran immediately with the minimum of adjustments. All that I have ever tweaked is the large knurled knob at the base of the float chamber to get best running and you are away. I think it must adjust the fuel or air mixture but maybe others can comment on the precise workings

Hello fron Tasmania, Australia.

I used one of these carburetters on my very first Chummy sometime in the very late 1960's or early 1970's.

The one Iused came, I think, with the specifications as used in the Fergie Tractor.

I know that an adaptor plate was required to allow it to fit to standard updraught Chummy inlet manifold.

As I recall, I fitted it to escape the terrible problems I was having with the 22FZB, which was disintegrating internally and providing me with a self-obstruct mechanism due to the internal corrosion providing a seemingly inexhaustable source of gunk to block the jets.

I remember the 24T2 as an extremely effective carby.

Somewhere I have a Zenith Service Sheet for this carby. Let me know if you would like a copy and I will look it out.

regards

Barry R.

Johnnie,

The 24T-2 was apparently fitted to a variety of Petter Stationary Engines, Ferguson Tractors and other vehicles including some rather diverse applications for example a 1951/52 A.B.C. Target Plane and 1946/48 Gravely Garden Cultivator!

One of a number of differing Ferguson Tractor Specs for the 24T-2 is as follows:

1950 Petrol Tractor - C.S. NUMBER: 1201, CHOKE: 17, MAIN: 100 (special), COMP: None, S.R: 50, PROG: 120 hole, VENT: 2·0, C. TUBE: None, N.& S: 1·5, STARTING: Strangler

COMP. being compensating jet, S.R. slow running jet, PROG. progression jet, VENT. ventilation to the capacity well, C. TUBE: Capacity Tube, N.& S. needle and seating.

Jeff.

Northwoods used to offer the 24T-2 as a replacement for the 22FZB. In their catalogue of OCTOBER 1956 the jet sizes for the 24T-2 fitted to the Austin Seven are quoted as follows.
Choke 14. Main 75. Slow Running 50. Air Bleed 150.
N. & S. 2.0
Hope this helps
Bryan

Thanks for all the help. When the rain stops I will fit it. Bryan ,it has the sizes you quote.What a great site to get quick advice!