Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Reflective Number Plate

I have heard that you can get refelctive numbers and letters to stick onto number plates. Does anyone know where to get them? I'm sure I read something in the Association mag and that there was a shop in the Lakes but I can't confirm that. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Many thanks. Ed

Re: Reflective Number Plate

Edward,

Phil Baildon used to provide these, you can e-mail him on:

harbail@ntlworld.com

He will certainly point you in the right direction...

Cheers

R

Re: Re: Reflective Number Plate

Hoping to foil the pesky speed cameras?

Steve

Re: Re: Re: Reflective Number Plate

3M make self adhesive reflective sheet and tape you could easily cut letters from in your own style

Rob

You could also just go to vinyl sign cutting shop. (There now appears to be one in most decent sized towns.)

See if they will do it for you, (they should do). Watch out for choosing fonts etc though to make it look right...

For information on number plates see:

www.dvla.gov.uk/media/pdf/leaflets/v796.pdf

I would hazard a guess that any Austin Seven with its original or an age related n° is likely to have been manufactured before 1.1.1973 and therefore can display a 'traditional' number plate. The letters & digits can be white or silver and I doubt if making them reflective will alter this.

However, all 'moderns' MUST comply in all respects with the British Standard BA Au145d as set out in this booklet from the DVLA.