Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Beaulieu numbers

Sadly there was another drop in numbers at Beaulieu this year, only 143 against last year’s 165, and 203 in ’03.

Amazingly Longleat was almost identical with 142 this year against 166 last.

I know not what this tells us, but it has been a topic of conversation on the Forum previously so I just thought I’d mention it. The figures are published programme figures and thus are not effected by the weather.

Mike

2003 - Beaulieu 208
2004 - Beaulieu 194
2005 - Beaulieu 163
2006 - Beaulieu 165 - Longleat 166
2007 - Beaulieu 143 - Longleat 142

Re: Beaulieu numbers

No Mike we were up on last year at Longleat by about 20 cars.We have made a 10% increase year on year for the last 3 years. Will we beat Beaulieu next year?

Re: Re: Beaulieu numbers

Ian,

It is pleasing to hear that there were additional entries for what was a very good and enjoyable day.

However, the 'published' figures are as I quoted - I have both programmes in front of me. Obviously I am as unaware of late entries, as I am of non-appearers.

In answer to your final question, yes I suspect that you will - indeed, doing the maths on 20 cars/10% up on 2006 it seems that you already are!

Mike

Re: Re: Re: Beaulieu numbers

Hi Ian & Mike
Thought I would Give the figures you quote a bit of clarification.
Our pre entered number for the Programme were as you say, 143, (61 750 members & 95 other clubs) after that we received a further 13 late entries, but on the day we had an additional 24 turned up giving us a total entry of 180.
As has been pointed out, we did have a number of no shows on the day, but I am unable to put a number on that. A large proportion of class S did not show, but as that was Specials and mostly open, we can understand that. Considering the conditions on the night before, I think that Janet Edroff arriving in her special on Sat night in the rain, Soaked to the skin, was a true Austineer, then she camped in the rain! many others showed the true spirit of the car in the conditions, not least Lorna Blewitt in the little white special, over 200 miles from Redruth. I see no Mention of the BBQ presented by Paul Winter & family, great evening, Plus that Talented singer Nick on the Guitar.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Beaulieu numbers

Mike,

Jolly good day though - thanks to all your crew for the considerable effort which went into it.

Mike