Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Ruby Record ?

You have to smile, not only at the price on Ebay of item 110145269643 which appears to be a standard 1934 nice and tidy Ruby, but also at the fact that someone puts an item on Ebay without looking for similar items and the price that they fetch !

Still the seller could well be smiling if they get their asking price!

Re: Ruby Record ?

No bids though!

Re: Re: Ruby Record ?

Thats probably just to pay ebay for all the photos in the advert!
It looks a bit "hot rod" are the rear springs the correct "low frame" items?

Steve

Steve, they don't look flat enough for my liking !

There must be 200 or more photographs with this car on Ebay, I didn't look at the links in amongst the pictures until you posed the question. The Ebay fees for pictures alone must be astronomical!

Car look great on top but underneath is another story, in just the few pictures I looked at I saw a hole in the silencer, some sort of strange join in the exhaust pipe ( a gas pipe join I think ! ) front damper arms at an unusual angle and lots of leaks both diff and petrol tank!

I shall be watching this one to the end just in case someone bids!

What is the small cylindrical object adjacent to the roof vent? Interior light perhaps?

Mike

To us in the UK, that 12kGBP does seem high and probably is in Europe as well, but having looked at a number of sales particulars from European sellers in the past 4 years, they are at least 50% higher than the UK and some up to 100%, most also seem to sell at or near their asking price.

As some of our correspondents know, Anzac prices are less than in the UK, indeed I seem to recall you can buy, pack it in a container and ship to the UK and still be level pegging price wise with a UK.

I shall be surprised if this Ebay car sells to a UK reseident, but in Germany etc. who knows.....

Sandy

May be a 'nice little earner' in this tale somewhere !

A Ruby owning friend in Germany tells me that within the blurb it states that the trafficators are missing and that work will have to be done 'to make it ride without difficulties'.