Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
expensive, I know

but I just love this....

http://www.koch-klassik.de/oldtimer/angebote_detail.php?sid=175

Re: expensive, I know

Good looking car but way to expensive surely??

Babel fish translation below, (nearly useless, any able to actually translate this for us?)

With this unique piece it acts around a Austin 7 Special of 1930, it is the origin of all Jaguars. Sir William Cyons first going attempts of its again created company began 1991 with this Austin 7 in different Varianten.Der cars with Shotherbys in London as "retiered old were racecar" auctioneered and afterwards he arrived professionally and complex was restored by air freight to California where. Subsequently, it took "Race Pass" according to enclosed; at 27 Events such as mountain running and Laguna Seca part. Into Laguna Seca it was successfully driven of no smaller than Phil Hill and like time witnesses and Zeitunghsberichte to prove could hold the gesammte Bugatti Armada thereby it in chess. A multilateral report in "British Car" from April 2001 is dedicated some spare parts to this rare piece and like it for a genuine Racer is right oneself participate still e.g. engine mounts and transmissions also. The condition entpricht one "Modellauto" and actually it is nearly too unfortunate for the racing course belongs however there it now times. In the customer order.

Expensive? at 94,990 Euros = approx 64,500 GBP's that's right off my scale...... Then again it's only about twice what a genuine Ulster went for at Auction in the UK, was it early last year, I can't remember now, still recovering from the smelling salts.

Sandy...........

Re: Re: expensive, I know

Shame that no one smaller than Phil Hill can drive it .

Steve

p.s Surely you could build a few yourself for less cost?

Or just ask Dave Gregson to do another one, if its the body you like.

Regards, Stuart

Ahh, Stuart - I knew it would flush someone out who knew something about it..

As far as I know, built by Dave Gregson circa '85 & known as "Tiddler". Photo in Feb. '86 750 Bulletin.

Regards, Stuart