Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Outing In France

I went on a little jolly around the local French countryside this morning and managed an apéritif in each village Mairie that we called at. Here's a pic of my little toy amongst some of the other cars. It looks very small in comparison and got a lot of attention. I have owned it for over 3 years, but it has lived in France for about 13 years. It has just about got used to garlic with everything!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Re: Outing In France

Nice picture Don. We took 6 sevens to the Normandy beaches for the D Day commemorations in June and spent 4 great days in France. Such a welcome change where nobody is in a hurry on the roads, they toot and wave, and they are not in a hurry to get past.

The transformation when you drive off the ferry back in Portsmouth is depressing

(Wish I was clever enough to put some pictures on the board)

Heres a shot of our day out at Duncombe Park Steam Rally in England earlier today, shortly after the heavens opened up and we had the hood up again for the trip home.

A nice surprise for us because we got the trophy for best car with the RTC special.

Phil

Re: Re: Outing In France

Phil,

Had a look at your interesting Duncombe Park photo. Whilst doing so I noticed that Yahoo are closing their picture site at the end of September. You will need to recover your pics by then or loose them. No doubt you had spotted this but I mention it just in case you (or others) are not aware.

Mike

Yes I agree. Each time I come off the early morning ferry and hit the M27, I am so glad that I don't live in a highly populated area. Most Brits around here share that view. However, around the big cities of France, it is just as bad, but in general the roads are quiet because although the populations are about the same, France is twice as big. Sometimes I can go for 10km and not meet a car.

Here's another one of "boys night out at the local café" - every Wednesday night. Luckily, we don't meet any Gendarmes on the way home either!

yes. France is great fun in a seven, a few members of the South Wales A7 club went out to normandy in early May,staying in a village very near to Beyeux this made a good base for touring about visiting places like the D-Day landing beaches, and the local cider farms,the natives were very friendly and helpful,a trip to normandy is recommended..

So was that you we bumped in to in May in the car park in Arromanches Stuart? We were in a red Mog and on the scrounge for rally plaques.

Normandy is a great place. We are already planning next year!

yes it was

A small world eh?. Hope you had a good trip

Cheers

david

I don't think there are many 'Resident' Austins in France, although I know of a few owned by ex-pats, myself included.

I did get to Normandy with the old girl in 1994, for the 50th anniversary of the D day landings, but that was before we moved out here permanently. Bit too far for me these days!

We could start an album entitled, "Austins in France" - here's one of my RP in Carpentras prior to our assault on Mont Ventoux.

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w258/bjl2634/P1010488.jpg

Hi Reckless,

I hope your first attempt at parking wasn't between the bollards !

I am very envious of the sunshine, we used to visit a family place at Pouzols near Gignac in the Langadoc region and I still remember the wall to wall sunshine !

regards

Malcolm

Definitely "Not Guilty" re the bollard! Damaged street furniture is 'de rigueur' in France, and considered trendy...

After giving the old girl a rest in Carpentras, she then made the climb to the summit, at 1912 metres above sea level. It's a hell of a climb for an A7, about 25km in all and most of that in 2nd gear (crash box I'm afraid) although there were the odd place where I could get up into 3rd. Have no idea how the cyclists do it.

You can see the snow capped peaks of the french alps in the picture, top right hand corner. (you'll need to click for the large picture to see them)