Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Long Term Project - Pick-up

Following Malcolm's lead to the Brightwell Auction web page http://www.brightwells.com/classiccars/Catalogue/tabid/322/Default.aspx

It states the ex. RP has the original Chassis, but lengthened - how, because if it was any longer the rear wheels would have to be much further out from the body (becasue of the chassis rail angle). Also I see it states as new, well I suppose it is if it's just been built, but it's not an original model.

Hoever, it's another A7 to be added to the Register, so all's not lost.

Sandy

Re: Long Term Project - Pick-up

....and before anyone else tells me, the Mk 2 Ruby, Reg No. UJ 9120 on Brightwells web site is also new to the Register...

Sandy
Registrar A7CA

Looking at the wheelbase of that pickup, it would make some of our local mini roundabouts into three point turns !!

Phil

Sandy,

The pick-up truck is a well known 'car' from South Wales.

I had a look under the 'car' during the 2000 Jogle and saw that it's chassis is lengthend by adding the rear half of another chassis ( to which the rear axle is attached ) behind, and partially overlapping, the original chassis which has no axle attached.

I hope my description is clear. I am not aware of any undue difficulties in steering but knowing that Rubies are more difficult to get round a sharp bend than a chummy the pick-up must have some limitations. I seem to remember it is powered by a Reliant engine ( non A7 type ).

PS I didn't point out this lead !

Malcolm

Re: Re: Long Term Project - Pick-up

I have trouble turning acute angles in country lanes in the long wheelbase special, So this lengthened one must be tricky?
I like the look of it though and apart from length issues it does show what could be done .
Has anyone looked at the six wheeler pics in the source book?

Steve.