Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Purchased Swallow

I have just purchased an Swallow Saloon of 1931 vintage, it is in beautiful condition just waiting for me to collect from previous owner. The Gentleman I purchased from is a delightful enthusiast of vintage and post vintage cars and his small collection is clearly well cared for. I feel so priviledged to become the next custodian of this Swallow and can't wait to collect.
From earier conversations with the previous owner I had got it into my head the car needed engine attention but all this work has just been completed by experts.
The only minor detail puzzle/question I have at this stage is this : the car do'es not sport the two chrome ships funnel air vents on the exterior scuttle and shows no sign of previous fitting, somebody mentioned not all the Swallow saloons had them, what do you say?? comments and general chinwag appreciated.

Re: Purchased Swallow

According to The Source Book, the MkII Swallow (which I presume yours is), introduced in October 1930, the scuttle ventilators were an optional extra, as was a sunshine roof.
Enjoy your new purchase.

Thanks for the info' Dave, so my car was without the scuttle vents and sunshine roof. But it has got the delightful 'smokers hatch' fitted with a glass cover underneath the steel top cover.

Re: Re: Purchased Swallow

I wonder if Smoker's Hatches are now illegal under current legislation?

Fair point Dave, but as I don't puff nobody else puffs whilst in my car, not that anybody else could fit into it, its such a tiny tiny car!! but like all A7's absolutly charming.

Must have put up the wrong smilie at begining of thread, why would I be grumpy having just bought one of my all time top 5 cars.