Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
window handle

I need to get inside my driver's door of my 34 RP but I can't remove the window winder handle. Hopefully one of you can tell me the secret!

Re: window handle

When you find the secret tell me, mine keeps falling off.

Seriously, get a mirror behind the handle, there is a catch on the back, about half way down the handle you will need to use some form of hook to move it, and the mirror will help

The rear flange is spring loaded. Move it over and lift the handle off!

That's correct. the later RP's had the lucas window winder that has a seperate rear plate, spring loaded, to compress the spring, thus freeing the 'lip' on the rear plate from the notch on the window winder mech. Push the rear plate away from the handle winder part and it should 'fall off'.

The earlier type of window winder was called a 'Hobson Perfect' and had a catch within the handle part of the winder, there is no separate rear plate.

Sandy

PS AT LAST I've got back on the Forum, I have not been able to access this particular page for 4 days now. Rest of this site OK......

Re: Re: window handle

Thanks for your help. Once I knew what I was doing the handle came off a treat. As on all those quiz programmes, the question's easy if you know the answer! Richard

Some even know the answer, they're just waiting for the RIGHT question!!!

Sandy