Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Guildtown - How was it?

Any reports on Guildtown yet, or are the participants now on a grand tour of Scotland - I know some of the Cornish lads are up there, yes some even drove up there again this year (after a tremendous gathering up there last year, Scots 3 kilts, Cornish 8....

Chas.

Re: Guildtown - How was it?

I think it must have been three all this year????A .M .S from Cornwall or more Sctish I know that there was A FERGIE wild shirt look going on up there this yeare

Got home today after a little spell in Scotland feeding the b----y midges !

The rally at Guildtown was its usual delightful event, very friendly, very sociable and some interesting dance moves on Saturday evening and some entertaining 'driving tests' on the Sunday. They certainly know how to party in Scotland, 3 barrels of beer disapeared over two nights. Our thanks again to the Scotish club for their hospitality, we shall be with you next year, if you will have us !

My Austin Seven was driven from Cornwall to Scotland and back and the only real hic-up was a blocked jet after running out of petrol ( 4 gallon tank ) only 9 miles from home ! The car did 1900 miles in 11 days. When we drifted down the motorway we saw many a modern car being helped by a very nice man, of course we did not tempt fate by saying how well the car ran until we got home !

What wonderful reliable little cars they are !

Malcolm,

One hopes the nine miles from home was 'COMING HOME' not at the start of the journey.

Re. the very nice man, can I AAsk, did you see hundreds of them in the remote Glens as shown on telly?

Looks like I will have to go to Guildtown next year as well...

BTW did you get the long distance award?

Welcome back to Cornwall.....

Sandy
Cornwall A7 Club

Great stuff Malcolm, impressive mileage over a short period without incident!

Always great to see people at Guildtown, many who have travelled a considerable distance to get there.

Looking forward to next year already!

Cheers

Ruairidh Dunford
Chairman
Scottish A7 Club

Hi Sandy,

It was coming home that I ran out of fuel and blocked a jet. We left Taunton services with 3 gallons, stopped off in Wellington and Exeter to do a bit of 'window shopping' and got within 9 miles of home. If we had come straight home we would have made it!

I did get the long distance award which I shall have to take back next year. I shall have to think of a way of avoiding it next year, perhaps you would drive all the way ?

And Ruairidh, you must have done an impressive mileage in your trip to Norway. I am sure many owners do not give the cars the credit they deserve when it comes to reliability. Other than curing a leak in the back axle my car had no 'additional' preparation for the trip to Scotland, other than very regular use which keeps it running well but not polished !