Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Putting Thumbnail Pictures on the Forum - part 2

Further to the blurb which I first posted back last December I am here again with a few ammendments suggested by Barry, Ruairidh, and others.

This is a method of putting clickable thumbnail pictures on the Forum which I hope may be of use. Certainly a picture is worth a thousand words when it comes to describing bits of ‘Longbridgania’. I hope it will encourage others to post on the Forum; if it does not work first time – so what – have another go. Nobody’s counting.

Firstly – to get the pictures onto the web .....

Install and open a free-account photo-hosting site. ‘Photobucket’ is good, and may be found at
http://photobucket.com/

Be prepared with a user name and a password, and then register on the site. Keep a note of the accepted name and password.

It might be helpful to bookmark your ‘Photobucket’ page at this stage

Upload the digital pictures you are going to require from your own computer to your new ‘Photobucket’ album. The instructions on the ‘Photobucket’ site are very simple and easy to follow (read them twice if necessary!!!) Once loaded your pictures are displayed at the bottom of the screen. Scroll down to find them.

Now then - To place a picture on this Forum .....

Go to your ‘Photobucket’ album and CLICK in the small box immediately below left each of the pictures which you require.

Now scroll down to the bottom of the page and find three buttons. CLICK on the right-hand one which is marked “Generate HTML, Ebay, and IMG Code”.

A new screen will open. This is headed “Generated HTML, Ebay, and IMG Code”. It contains five full-screen-width options. The top one is the one required for our purpose. It is entitled “HTML clickable thumbnails for Ebay etc – recommended”.

The option will contain a lot of gobble-de-gook HTML code, which you do not need to understand! Highlight ALL of the code in this box (it may not all be immediately visible) RIGHT CLICK and COPY.

Now go to the Forum open a Reply or Post box in the normal way. RIGHT CLICK and PASTE the code into your response. It should commence with the word '' and end with , both in angle brackets.

You may now type lines of text above the code or below, but do not disturb the actual code when once you have entered it.

And finally .....

May I suggest that you print off these notes in order that you have a hard copy to hand.

It is worth taking a look at the excellent illustrated instructions on the ‘Photobucket’ site itself. CLICK “Tools and Tips” on the blue banner at the top of the opening screen. CLICK “Tutorials”. Look at “Uploading a single image” and “ Uploading multiple images” in particular.

QED and very E&OE

Considerable thanks are once more due to Nigel Hammond for originally drawing our attention to this method of livening up our daily read, and for writing up the original instructions. I have only enlarged on these in the light of my own experience, and the suggestions of others

Mike

Re: Putting Thumbnail Pictures on the Forum - part 2

Please go to latest version (part 3) dated 12 August 07

Mike