Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
R47 LAMP PARTS

I've nearly got all the bits to make up a pair of R47 lamps for the new Trials Chummy.

All that's now missing is one 'push and turn' reflector unit and one rim. The reflector I could probably cobble together from something else (although I'd much prefer the real thing) but the rim is proving a bit of a problem.

Anyone got the bits I'm looking for and doesn't want them?

STEVE

Re: R47 LAMP PARTS

Try Dave Williams at Austineers 01225 866142 he may have some spares

Steve,

Looks to me like 1 or 2 of the rims in this ebay lot are the right type, as is at least one of the shells

see lot number 160148280296

Regards

Rob

Re: Re: R47 LAMP PARTS

Yes your right Rob, looks like there may also be a R47 reflector. The R47 lamp body is the latter one that has the spring clips (not a twist and turn) So will use the narrow rim reflector shown. You might have also spotted the 29 headlamp bracket near the bottom of the pile

Re: Re: Re: R47 LAMP PARTS

Interesting and worth a bid from me. However, it ends at 6-00 Sunday evening at which time I should be in the air between Rhodes and a remote Greek Island called Kastelorizo. Do they have internet connections on Olympic Airways Turbo Prop Puddle Jumpers? No, thought not

STEVE

This is the tool that you need...

eBay "sniping" tool. It bids for you at the very last second, (and it's free). I have used this rather successfully on a few things recently.