Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
EXK 82?

Just got this old B+W print from Ebay. It's only a few from, or is the Holly Birkett/Sid Marler 750 formula car. However WW2 (Headlight mask), Early chassis,production exhaust manifold and silencer. 400 mm.military rear wheel. Early Cambridge body?? Auster screens Any ideas?

Re: EXK 82?

Just a thought Graham, could that be an anti-dazzle shield for the driver rather than a WW2 mask. There is a single headlight, down the beam of which the driver would be looking. There are none of the other WW2 signs like white painted areas.

Fun little motor though.

Mike

It looks to me like the rear of an MG (midget??) grafted onto a home-made bonnet???

Cheers

Ruairidh

I think Ruaridh is probably right about the body. The construction of the scuttle cowl is more MG than Williams and there is even less clearance between body and rear wheels than with a Cambridge body. Not to mention the door, which could be done on a Cambridge I suppose, if you could be bothered! Very interesting photo, I wonder who built it.

Regars, Stuart

Sorry about the typo, should be AXK 82... however,
any thoughts about which MG body?