Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Desparately seeking

You may recall from an earlier thread that I am looking for one pair of scuttle vents for my Swallow. Having contacted Le Riche they have suggested that as a long shot try VHL who MAY be able to replicate a pair for me. Has anyone else any suggestions as to whom may be able to carry out this delicate replication work?? Thanks for any suggestions.

Re: Desparately seeking

David,

You might be able to find an original pair.
I would suggest you place wanted adverts in as many club mags as possible, and also in the assocaition mag.

Regards

Rob

Thanks for suggestion Rob, placed question on Pistonheads and a suggestion of trying the Jaguar Drivers Heritage Trust, so I have emailed them more in hope than expectation. If I can locate originals I will be over the moon, apparently the Trust has some Swallows in the musumn.

If sure you've already been in contact, but just in case, enquiries through the Swallow Register of the A7CA might be fruitful - you can contact them by e-mail at sawalker@fsmail.net - hth Hugh

Sorry David - I've just had a look back in your previous thread about vents - I see you've already been in touch with the Register. I'll get my coat...

Thanks Hugh, altho I had written to the Register I was unaware that they had an E-Mail address so thats useful info. Le Riche did tell me that these scuttle vents are the most difficult parts to obtain so a long search and loads of auto jumbles looks on the cards.

Re: Re: Desparately seeking

David, I meet someone at a rally on Sunday who has made these ventilators in the past, he had a pair of divers helmet rear lights and an Alvis radiator surround that he had made from scratch all absolutely perfect. He may be persuaded to make some for you, but has some sort of contract with an individual he has been supplying them to in the past. We are talking at least £250 a pair. I will try and find out more and get back to you by email. You will be dealing directly with him, I am only passing on the information. If you are already sorted let me know.

Great news Ian, I have'nt been able to find anyone yet who is able to assist so this is really good news for me. I await to hear from you further but understand that after I have the first contact info' from you its then'ball in my court'. Thank you for help thus far.

David, there are two types,do you know which one is correct for your car?

Hi Ian, yes I need the hexagonal style port opening.

Just add to be clear about style of scuttle vent I need, Ruairidh has put some photo's up on my earlier thread title 'Air vents' These show the hexagonal port openings (or threepenny bit)style.

David will email you direct when I get more info.should be in the next couple of days.