Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
2-Seater Boat-Tail Tourers 1929-1932

I look after the list of these vehicles and, over the years, have mislaid 5 of them and also one 'new' one that has reared it's head last year.Can anyone help me trace them?
They are VB 8565 (Blackpool area)
SV 4500 (Eastbourne area)
KR 9584 (Clifton Hampden, Oxon area)

JG 946 (North Norfolk area)
UN 3571 (North Wales area although it
belonged to a student who has
moved on) &
BYU 641 (sold last year @ the Dorset Steam
Fair).
The last three are taxed and in current use on the road.
Any help will be most appreciated, Thanks Chris.

Re: 2-Seater Boat-Tail Tourers 1929-1932

Hello again Chris!

This is UN 3571 back from the grave (or something). Same car, same owner and same state (the car, that is, the owner has deteriorated somewhat). I think there must be telepathy at work here, as over the last month or so I have been retrieving bits to make a start on putting it back together again. I rejoined PWA7C, and received my copy of mag 2007B just last week. The name of the registrar at the top of Barry Treverrow's article on boat-tails looked familiar , so the night before last I dug out my A7 file, and found a couple of your letters from 19...but don't let's go there! I was going to drop you a line this weekend, but now you have saved me the price of a stamp!
What else? Oh, yes, the car. There has been some progress. I have made a basic floorpan ( fortunately I had the foresight to use galvanized steel otherwise it would be back to square one again)and am presently working on the front axle.
The car was registered in March 1930 but the chassis No suggests Dec 1929 manufacture (long scuttle). It seems to have most of the right bits:
Raked steering IA 6041
45 deg speedo
Cut away fuel tank.
Weird boot hinges, etc.
I have some pictures somewhere, but just can't find them. Once I have grouped the bits and pieces together, I shall take some more for the forum.
Will you be at Beaulieu next weekend? If so, we could meet up.
John